Reggio Emilia Inspired Early Education Programs
SHED Children's Campus offers four Reggio Emilia inspired early education programs that run while the Andover public school system is in session. See our Summer Programs for early education programs offered when school is not in session.
Play-based programs for 3 and 4 year olds.
Readiness program for children who missed the kindergarten age requirement or who need a pre-kindergarten development year.
Exploratory 6-week sessions (1 day a week) for 2.5 to 5 year olds.
Half-day kindergarten in connection with Andover elementary schools.
Social and Emotional Goals
- Become increasingly autonomous
- Build problem-solving skills
- Develop secure relationships with adults
- Develop different points of view by cooperating and resolving conflicts
- Cope constructively with fears, anxieties, and frustrations
- Demonstrate persistence in completing a task
- Express ideas through language and symbolic representation in effective and varied ways
- Use initiative in pursuing curiousities
- Put ideas or objects into relationships, noting similarities and differences
- Come up with interesting and creative ideas, problems, and questions
- Build awareness of one's body in space
- Coordinate fine and gross motor skills