“As educators we must give children another pocket to put things in.” – Reggio Emilia educator
What does this mean to me as an educator at SHED Children’s Campus?
- *All children are capable – we, as educators, need to find ways to meet them at their level.
- *An educator’s role is to sustain the child’s potential.
- *Children are the active constructors of their knowledge.
- *Children have the right to try – without knowing the answer. They can find strategies & other possibilities.
- *Educators should leave children time to make errors without being corrected.
- *It is our job to open different windows for children to look at life through.
I believe that when we work alongside the children, experience & knowledge come together. It is not top down learning but learning together that creates an environment of growth & exploration.